Friday, March 12, 2010

Sorry for not posting in awhile dears! But to catch you up I'm back from Mexico and on a diet, sigh. But the good news is I can eat just about whatever I want if I follow the points in a good way. Weight Watchers will be my savior. I have lost 11 pounds so far and want to keep it up. So I apologize if some of my food posts get lame on you because of the calorie saving ideas. But I promise to keep the delicious food reviews coming too!

Ok so I have been craving smoked salmon and cream cheese and bagels, and all the wonderful things that go with. But alas my loves I am forever counting the calories. So being the cooking genius that I am, I made a frittata that would fulfill my taste buds desires.

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Egg Beaters 1 WW point
1/4 Cup Water
1 Tbsp. Dill, chopped
1/8 cup Red Onion, fine dice
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese Original 1 WW point
1 ounce Smoked Salmon, julienned 1 WW point
2 Tbsp. Fat Free Sour Cream 0.5 WW points
2 tsp. Scallion, chopped
Lemon Juice, to taste

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Saute red onion over medium, until softened, in small saute pan that is oven proof.
2. Combine Egg Beaters, water, dill, and salmon in a bowls and whisk together. Add the laughing cow cheese a piece at a time off thew edge. Should still be chunky once combined with egg mix.
3. Pour egg mixture over sauteed onions and stir once to disperse ingredients evenly. Then let cook over low-medium heat until the bottom is set.
4. Once bottom is set, place pan in the over covered in foil for 5 minutes, then remove foil to lightly brown the top. About 7 minutes total, but check to make sure the frittata is set.
5. Remove from oven and slide heat proof spatula around the pan and slide frittata onto the serving plate.
6. Combine sour cream, scallions, and lemon in a small bowl and garnish frittata with crema!

Enjoy this whole thing for a mere 3 points!

This was quite lovely but I also had a banana with it for brunch...shall we say. I was lazy today I admit it! But I have gone to the gym and spray tanning since. Before you mock me for spray tanning, I have to say that go ahead, but I do not look orange, I just look better in my opinion with a bit of color, and the non-cancerous kind is great for me. But the only reason I told you all about the spray tanning is because I simply had a ridiculous wait for the booth when I went to the salon. You know these women in Newport make me crazy sometimes. Their Gucci, Louis, or just fake bags, and the incessant talk of hooking a man with money. Puh-lease ladies. The ones I saw today cover their faces with a paper bag and maybe they could catch a man with the fake boobs, and hair, but yuck. A dumb as a doorknob. But, if you go for that sort of thing they are perfect for ya. Makes me realize however how vapid and self absorbed most people are in this city, get me outta here fast! Hopefully soon on my next work adventure!

Love and stuff...sorry bout the rant!

No comments:

Post a Comment