Friday, October 16, 2009

Spinach Borani


So a few days ago my girls and I went over to Wholesome Choice in Irvine to pick up some delicious lunch and while we ere there I of course got pretty carried away with all the fun produce and ethnic foods. The veggies are super cheap and its easy to stalk up on produce you don't find in every store in town. So of course getting our lunches my eyes are way bigger than my stomach and I get a doner kebab, with lamb of course and chili sauce! Then I decide I need two giant beef dolmas and something new and exciting to me called spinach borani...looks to be a mix of spinach and yogurt, but then tastes of onion and herbs. Well for the last few days i have been eating it on crackers and with veggies...super delicious. I've thrown down a recipe from the good old internet for you, hopefully it tasted as amazing as what I had. Cheers!

This super easy recipe for borani, spinach and yogurt salad, is tasty and presents a lot of flavor. Borani makes a great snack or appetizer.
Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:


1/2 lb fresh or frozen spinach, washed and drained
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preparation:

In a small saucepan, bring fresh spinach to a boil. Reduce heat to low and allow to cook for 10 minutes. If using frozen spinach, follow package directions.

Drain spinach and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Chop into very small pieces. Places pieces in a piece of cheesecloth or heavy duty paper towel and squeeze out excess water.

In a bowl, combine spinach, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and onions. Add yogurt and fold in with other ingredients.

Refrigerate and serve well chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment